The David Vintage Diamond Ring
The David vintage ring features three twinkling star set diamonds. Handmade in 1958, this vintage beauty is a time capsule in jewellery form.
- Currently an AU size M
- Can be resized up to a size O, down to an size K
- 18ct yellow gold
- Total diamond weight 0.14ct
- Features original makers mark, made in Chester in the UK, 1958
- Features three old cut, star set diamonds, with a total diamond weight of 0.14ct
- There is minor chipping in one diamond, a sign of a life well-lived
Named for Ngarrindjeri man David Unaipon (1872 - 1967), a preacher, inventor and writer. Among his patents was a helicopter design based on the principle of a boomerang.
Old mine cut diamonds are antique, crafted before modern precision diamond cutting techniques existed. Each stone was cut by hand, meaning no two stones were ever the same. Often, these stones were cut by the miners themselves - hence old ‘mine’ cut. There’s something really interesting about the way old cut diamonds sparkle that differs from modern stones… they seem to catch a single beam of light on each facet. A very intentional glimmer, indeed.