The Vera Vintage Diamond Ring
The Vera vintage ring is antique with old cut diamonds and a unique intricate setting. A very intentional glimmer, indeed.
- Currently an AU size L
- Can be resized up to a size O, down to an size J
- Total diamond weight 2.46ct
- Features a central old cut diamond, bead set in a unique square setting, measuring 1.44ct, being of MN colour and VS clarity
- Features a halo of eight old cut diamonds, bead set in a unique square setting, with a total diamond weight of 0.91ct, being of GH colour and SI/P1 clarity
- Features a further two old cut diamonds, bead set on each shoulder, with a total diamond weight of 0.11ct, being of KL (TTLB) colour and SI/P1 clarity
Named for the fearless Vera Atkins, a talented linguist and British intelligence agent. At the end of World War II, she set out to find out what had become of the agents who had not made it home – she was able to trace all but one.
Old mine cut diamonds are antique, crafted before modern precision diamond cutting techniques existed. Each stone was cut by hand, meaning no two stones were ever the same. Often, these stones were cut by the miners themselves - hence old ‘mine’ cut. There’s something really interesting about the way old cut diamonds sparkle that differs from modern stones… they seem to catch a single beam of light on each facet.