The Gwyneth Vintage Diamond Ring
The Gwyneth vintage ring makes a grand statement - her central diamond accented by intricate diamond patterns.
- Currently an AU size M 1/2
- Can be resized up to a size O 1/2, down to an size K 1/2
- 15ct white gold and platinum
- Total diamond weight 0.67ct
- Features a centre round brilliant cut, bezel set diamond, measuring 0.25ct, being of G colour and VS clarity
- Features twenty-eight single cut, combination set diamonds, with a total diamond weight of 0.42ct, being of G colour and VS/SI clarity
- Features an ornate embossed hatching detail upon a ring face measuring 20mm x 9mm
Named for the British mathematician Gwyneth Mary Stallard OBE. In 2015 she was named an Officer of the Order of the British Empire for her work in support of women in mathematics.
A single cut diamond has eighteen facets and a large table. It was often used in the late 19th century and early 20th century and it a common choice cut for smaller, accent diamonds.
15ct gold was used much more frequently during the Victorian Age (1837 – 1901) the Edwardian era (1901 – 1910) and the early Art Deco age (1915 – 1935), before being abolished in favour of the 14ct gold mark. Therefore, the use of 15ct white gold places the age of this divine ring somewhere between 170 and 90 years old!