The Vida Vintage Diamond Ring
The Vida vintage ring features a row of striking marquise cut diamonds nestled amongst fine milligrain details. Soft heart, bold love.
- Currently an AU size N
- Can be resized up to a size Q, down to an size K
- 9ct rose gold
- Total diamond weight 0.48ct
- Features a row of five marquise cut, shared prong set diamonds, with a total diamond weight of 0.30ct, being of H colour and SI/P1 clarity
- Features four round brilliant cut, bead set diamonds on each shoulder, with a total diamond weight of 0.18ct, being of GH colour and SI/P1 clarity
- Features an ornate milligrain detail atop the 2.5mm wide band
Named for the Australian suffragette Vida Jane Mary Goldstein (1869 - 1949), who was also an ardent pacifist during World War I.
According to legend, the "marquise cut" diamond, also called "navette", was commissioned by Louis XV to resemble the mouth of his beloved mistress, Madame de Pompadour. It has curved lines and an elongated silhouette. Due to its history, this ring shape has romantic connotations. Marquise-cut diamonds were particularly fashionable again with the rise of grunge in the 1990s, as rings became bolder and sharper.