The Helo Vintage Tourmaline & Diamond Ring
Her colour resting somewhere between pink and purple, the centre 2.26ct tourmaline of The Helo vintage ring is sure to catch your eye. Complimented with art deco style baguette diamonds, this design is classic and romantic.
- Currently an AU size N 1/2
- Can be resized up to a size Q 1/2, down to an size K 1/2
- Total diamond weight 0.30ct
- Tourmaline weight 2.26ct
- Features a centre emerald cut, claw set tourmaline
- Features two baguette cut, rub over bezel set diamonds, with a total diamond weight of 0.17ct, being of GH colour and SI clarity
- Features fourteen round brilliant cut, bead set diamonds, with a total diamond weight of 0.13ct, being of GH colour and SI/P1 clarity
Reminiscent of summer flings, the 1960s bossa nova classic 'The Girl From Ipanema' was written as a tribute to Helo Pinheiro, who captivated all the men on her daily walks to the beach in Rio, Brazil. This glowing tourmaline was named after Helo, for her bewitching colour.
Interestingly, it's believed that the first tourmalines were discovered by conquistadors in Brazil in the 1500s. At the time, these green tourmalines were assumed to be emeralds. It wasn't until the 1800s when scientists realised that these stones were their own species of mineral.