The Essie Vintage Sapphire & Diamond Ring
The Essie vintage ring features a duo of sapphires and a central deep blue sapphire - a unique celebration of past, present and future.
- Currently an AU size N 1/2
- Can be resized up to a size R 1/2, down to an size J 1/2
- 18ct yellow gold band and white gold setting
- Total diamond weight 0.02ct
- Features a centre round cut, six-claw set blue sapphire, measuring 3.5mm
- Features two round brilliant cut, six-claw set diamonds, measuring 1.2mm each, with a total diamond weight of 0.02ct
Named for Essie Coffey (1925-1998), who passionately campaigned for the rights and equality of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Not that Essie could be a greater gift to Australia, she was also a loving mother of 18 children (eight biological and 10 adopted).
Sapphires have long fascinated and captured the imagination. The elite of ancient Greece and Rome believed sapphire protected the wearer from harm. Clerics of the Middle Ages wore sapphire as a symbol of heaven. Ancient Persians believed that the earth rested on a giant sapphire, making the sky blue.
Also known as trinity or trilogy rings, three stone rings remain a favourite for engagement rings, as well as other relationship milestone gifts. Like it’s cousin the five stone ring, it is the symbolism of this style that has kept it so popular. To some, it’s said to reflect the past present and future of a relationship. To others, it symbolises friendship, love and fidelity. And to the more religious, it represents the Holy Trinity.