The Eleanor Vintage Diamond Ring
'That's why I love you and yet not why. There are so many reasons, and yet so few.' - Pablo Neruda.
- Currently an AU size K 1/2
- Can be resized up to a size P 1/2, down to an size J
- 18ct yellow gold with platinum setting
- Total diamond weight 0.49ct
- Features a centre old cut, bezel set diamond, measuring approx. 0.25ct, being of H colour and P2 clarity
- Features two side old cut, bezel set diamonds, with a total diamond weight of 0.24ct
Old mine cut diamonds are a key aesthetic hallmark of the Georgian era. Early diamond cutters (known as bruters) shaped old mine cut diamonds by hand. The invention of the bruting machine in 1874 gave cutters a chance to craft stones with greater precision, but all old mine cut diamonds are unique in their shape and cut. Three stone rings, such as this, remain a favourite for engagement rings, as well as other relationship milestone gifts to this day. To some, it’s said to reflects the past present and future of a relationship. To others, it symbolises friendship, love and fidelity. And to the more religious, it represents the Holy Trinity.