The Esme Vintage Sapphire & Diamond Ring
' I sleep, but my heart is awake...' The Shulamite Woman, Solomon.
- Currently an AU size Q
- Can be resized up to a size U, down to a size L
- 18ct yellow gold band and white gold setting
- Features a centre square cut, four claw set sapphire, being of a moderate turquoise colour and 1.27ct
- Features two round brilliant cut, four claw set diamonds, each measuring 2.45mm
- There is minor chipping in a diamond, a sign of a life well-lived
Sapphires has long fascinated and captured the imagination. The elite of ancient Greece and Rome believed sapphire protected the wearer from harm. Clerics of the Middle Ages wore sapphire as a symbol of heaven. Ancient Persians believed that the earth rested on a giant sapphire, making the sky blue.