The Frances Vintage Diamond Ring
A sparkling centre diamond is supported by a border of single cut diamonds - each as unique as a fingerprint. The Frances vintage diamond ring reminds us of female collective greatness, and the metaphorical phrase; 'standing on the shoulders of giants'.
- Currently an AU size N
- Can be resized up to a size S, down to an size J
- 14ct white gold
- Total diamond weight 0.50ct
- Features a centre round brilliant cut, illusion set diamond, being 0.32ct, of H colour and P1 clarity
- Features a border of twelve single cut, grain set diamonds, with a total diamond weight of 0.18ct, being of GH colour and SI/P1 clarity
- There is minor chipping on the centre and a side diamond, a sign of a life well-lived
Named for screenwriter Frances Marion, who wrote 325 scripts over the course of her career - she was at the epicentre of Hollywood. She held "cat parties," women-only parties where women across show business could gather, gossip, and support each other professionally.
A single cut diamond has eighteen facets and a large table. It was often used in the late 19th century and early 20th century and it a common choice cut for smaller, accent diamonds.