The Heidi Vintage Diamond Ring
The Heidi vintage ring is a classic beauty, adorned with a radiant central diamond and sparkling side stones.
- Currently an AU size N
- Can be resized up to a size R, down to an size L
- 18ct yellow gold band and white gold setting
- Total diamond weight 0.38ct
- Features a centre round brilliant cut, claw set diamond
- Features a bead set old cut diamond on each engraved shoulder
With greater accessibility to diamonds by the 1950s, there are fewer distinct trends dictating the engagement ring market. However, it’s still clear certain styles were more popular than others. One of the most iconic and enduring shapes of this time period is a large centre diamond with symmetrical smaller diamonds on either side of it. The Heidi vintage ring is a perfect example of this!
The post-war economy boom in the 1950s saw a love affair with diamonds. Diamond company De Beers’ iconic “Diamonds are Forever” campaign created an aspirational buzz which the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, starring Marilyn Monroe, exacerbated with the infamous “diamonds are a girl’s best friend” musical number.