The Isabella Vintage Sapphire & Diamond Ring
The Isabella vintage ring features an inky green Australian sapphire, accented by glistening diamond shoulders.
- Currently an AU size T 1/2
- Can be resized up to a size W 1/2, down to an size O 1/2
- 18ct yellow gold with white gold setting
- Features a central princess cut, four claw set Australian sapphire (approx. 6.8mm)
- Features four round brilliant cut, bead set diamonds on each shoulder (approx. 1.2mm each)
Named for Isabella Lucy Bird (1831 - 1904), who - after surviving a tumour on her spine - promptly decided to travel everywhere from Vietnam to Hawaii. She had a serious romantic affair in the Canadian Rocky Mountains with a man named Wild Jim, travelled with British soldiers in Tehran, trained as a doctor as an afterthought, used a ladder gifted to her by the Sultan of Morocco to mount her horse, and wrote eighteen books.
Natural Australian sapphires are known for having a deep inky colouring. They are also known to be quite a hardy stone, second to diamond, and equal with ruby. Australian sapphires have really only been available for the past 150 years, being originally found in both Queensland and New South Wales in the early 1850's.