The Josephine Vintage Sapphire & Diamond Ring
The Josephine vintage ring features a deep blue marquise sapphire surrounded by diamonds. A great love story.
- Currently an AU size L 1/2
- Can be resized up to a size O 1/2, down to an size J
- 18ct yellow gold
- Total diamond weight is 0.18ct
- Features a centre marquise cut, claw set sapphire, measuring approx. 7mm x 3.8mm
- Features a half halo of eight round brilliant cut, claw set diamonds, measuring 1.5mm each
- Features six round brilliant cut, channel set diamonds on each shoulder, measuring 1mm each
Known for the dynamic jazz singer Josephine Baker. Baker was adored for her unpredictability and wild humour. She was also one of the most glamorous espionage spies of the French Resistance, and a passionate advocate of the Civil Rights Movement.
The ring shape of The Josephine ring was likely inspired by a ring originally commissioned by King Louis XIC for the Marquise de Pompadour, who was the woman he loved. It has curved lines and an elongated silhouette. Due to its history, this ring shape has romantic connotations.