The Peyton Vintage Diamond Ring
The Peyton vintage ring was crafted by hand and features a detailed scroll-like gallery, with two old cut diamonds in a stunning hexagonal setting.
- Currently an AU size N
- Can be resized up to a size R, down to an size K
- 18ct yellow gold band and white gold setting
- Total diamond weight 0.15ct
- Features two centre old cut, grain set diamonds in a hexagon shaped face
- Features three old cut, grain set diamonds in each shoulder
- There is minor chipping in the old cut diamonds, a sign of a life well-lived
Art Deco, short for Arts Décoratifs, is best known for its rich colours, bold geometry and luxurious detail. Hugely popular from the 1920's through to the 1940's, Art Deco was a pastiche of many different - even contradictory - styles, united in their desire to be modern, expressive and forward thinking.
Old mine cut diamonds are antique, crafted before modern precision diamond cutting techniques existed. Each stone was cut by hand, meaning no two stones were ever the same. Often, these stones were cut by the miners themselves - hence old ‘mine’ cut. There’s something really interesting about the way old cut diamonds sparkle that differs from modern stones… they seem to catch a single beam of light on each facet. A very intentional glimmer, indeed.